Monday 19 May 2014

New Look Pattern 6262



I loved this pattern so much I made two dresses using it, one straight after the other! 
I used these pretty fabrics and the dresses and their progress are below.




Dress One





Dress Two







These dresses are a great fit, although that was quite lucky actually as the measurements for it are quite small! Definitely something to watch out for.

The first fabric is a Liberty fabric so of course it feels lovely and drapes brilliantly. The second is a viscose fabric and it's just so soft! I've actually had this one for ages because I couldn't quite pick a pattern nice enough to cut it up for!

This pattern is easy to use like so many of the New Look patterns. The most tricky part is making sure the gathered waist is distributed evenly. You also have to ease the arms in, or you can choose to go for binding and leave out the arms instead.

I'll definitely be using this one again! Next time I might try the sleeveless v-neck option to make it a bit different.


Worn with...
Shoes: Vintage; Necklace: Accessorize

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Your dresses are both gorgeous and have got me excited about making mine! I have the same pattern and was just googling it hence I came across your two dresses :) ... Just wondering, what size did you make? I am wanting to make the 10 as that's the size I'd normally wear and the finished garment measurements are more true to my size, but if I go to the measurement chart up the top I'd be more likely to make a bigger size... hmmm... just wondering what you did? :) Jenny www.mendandmakenew.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello =) Aw thank you, that's so lovely. I'd go with the measurements on the back of the pattern - the waist in particular is true to those sizes. I'm a bit in between sizes so it can be a bit tricky! I think I went for the 12 in this one. My theory is to always go for the bigger size if I'm not sure - you can always take things in but you can't add fabric! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I just did a search for this pattern review and came across your blog, you look very nice in your dresses! its inspiring me to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are absolutely gorgeous! I just made mine yesterday, the sleeveless version but the bodice back seemed to poof up at the top. Did you have any issues with that and if so, how did you remedy it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete